24 April 2007

Things I Miss in the Good Ol' U.S.

While I love to travel, move around, and generally not stay in the same place too long, this tends to mean I miss things frequently. I mean, yeah, I miss events (like my aunt's wedding... WHOOPS and Ziggy Marley playing SpringFest). But, somehow, these pale in comparison to the following list of THINGS that I miss. And I do not think that makes me weird. Rather, it makes me normal! Everyone misses items... comfort foods, smells, people, etc.

Things I miss (in no particularly order):
-Reese's Pieces (I have a King-Sized package stored in the cupboard for an emergeny and have somehow managed to steel myself from gobbling it up).
-REAL Salsa.
-My friends.
-Flip Flops as acceptable footwear.
-Foreign films with English subtitles.
-Grey's Anatomy.
-Micro-brews like Fat Tire and Magic Hat.
-Barbeques.
-Hamburgers. The biiiig, juicy, meaty, everything-on-it kind. YUM.
-American breakfasts. Who DOESN'T love eggs, pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, oj, and coffee!?
-Proper Heinz ketchup.
-Being able to USE my Nalgene (meaning I miss potable tap water).
-My dog, Timmy.
-Wearing comfy clothes to class (like sweats, though this is a rare pleasure for me, even in the U.S.).
-My mom, dad, sisters and nephew.
-American Apparel.
-Lounging on the grass in parks/on campus.
-Good ol' Vermont homegrown... (er... maple syrup?)
-Real, passionate, hunger-strike kinds of student activism.
-NYLON Magazine that doesn't cost $10 (egh, exporting mags from the U.S., such a business).
-People knowing what Facebook is. Errr, not that I'm addicted or anything...

Well now. That's alot to miss. And I daresay I can live without most of it! OBVIOUSLY I am loving my life more than ever now, without all of that! But that doesn't mean it's not dear to me and in my dreams... especially Reese's... ooooh, the cupboard is so close...

No comments: